The behaviour of systemctl.

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Jun 20 20:13:54 UTC 2011

Bill Nottingham writes:

> Sam Varshavchik (mrsam at courier-mta.com) said:
> > * Make chkconfig know about systemd, so if it gets an on or off for
> > a service, it executes systemctl enable/disable instead.
>
> It already does this.

Strange. If I pass the service name in the --initscript argument to
alternatives, I get some kind of a whine:

# /usr/sbin/alternatives --install /usr/sbin/sendmail mta /usr/lib/courier/bin/sendmail 91 \
    --slave /usr/bin/mailq mta-mailq /usr/lib/courier/bin/mailq \
    --slave /usr/bin/rmail mta-rmail /usr/lib/courier/bin/rmail \
    --slave /usr/bin/newaliases mta-newaliases \
         /usr/lib/courier/sbin/makealiases \
    --initscript courier
error reading information on service courier: No such file or directory

Yet, "chkconfig courier on" works, so the breakage is between alternatives
and chkconfig.