systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 20 23:07:56 UTC 2011

Am 21.06.2011 00:58, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> Well, if you use .socket units, then you need to shut them down too, if
> you want to be sure a service is never triggered due to socket
> activation

well - if you really like to make this useable systemd
should be smart enough to do this since it is simply
clear that a sysadmin which types "systemctl stop mysqld"
does not want fired up until he says so

it is hard enough to accept that with sytemd is much more to
type for a single command and now we should need to and
everytime think if there is possible any socket which has to be
stopped too?

before:
service mysld stop

now:
systemctl stop mysqld.service
systemctl stop mysqld.socket

> Note that to my knowledge mysql is not patched for socket activation,
> and hence cannot be used with .socket units.

in other words: you will tell me it is not possible to run mysql-driven servcies
with F15/systemd while you want to call the release "not broken"?

WTF: sitting on F14 for servers and ignore EOL while hope that
F14 -> F16 yum-upgrade will work acceptable somedays?