systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Jun 20 23:35:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21.06.11 01:18, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:

> > You keep talking about 'random order' but I'm not sure this is accurate.
> > My understanding was that systemd respects the dependency information in
> > LSB-compliant headers and hence will fire these up in the correct order
> > as long as the dependencies are correct. If there are any LSB-type
> > headers with incorrect or incomplete dependency information, this is a
> > bug that *can* be fixed with updates to F15
>
> god damned only the order is useless

Your choice of words consisting of "fuck", "wtf", "god damned" and
constant shouting does not help improve your case.

> F15/SYSTEMD BREAKS ALL MYSQL DEPENDENT SERVICES

Can you be describe more precisely what the problem is? Supposedly an
ordering problem between the MySQL service and a service depending on
it? Have you checked that these two init scripts carry correct header
information? Can you paste both init script headers somewhere?

> what exactly do you not understand in the fact that even starting myqld
> first does not help with a large database since mysqld needs some seconds
> to accept connections and systemd fires up the follwing services

If the ordering information is available and correct then systemd will
execute services depending on MySQL only after MySQL is up and ready.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.