systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 20 23:48:53 UTC 2011

Am 21.06.2011 01:30, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> On Tue, 21.06.11 01:07, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:
> On F15, an admin who types "systemctl stop mysqld.service" will get just
> that, since socket activation is not used.

I HAVE TO USE IT SINCE YOU ARE STARTING SERVICES PARALLEL

that is why F15 is broken damned

>> before:
>> service mysld stop
>>
>> now:
>> systemctl stop mysqld.service
>> systemctl stop mysqld.socket
>
> No, on F15 mysql does not support socket activation, and the first line
> will suffice.

are you dumb or why do you not realize that mysql as shipped in F15
is not useable for most services? so i have to fix this in the lifecycle
of F14 to deploy an accepatble update - so the mysqld shipped with fedora
does not interest me in context of a general problem

> Also note, that even if one day mysqld learns socket activation

MYSQLD has to learn NOTHING
the service script has to learn this

> you can shut down both the socket and the service in one command,
> as "systemctl stop" can take an arbitrary number of unit names in one go.

you are not interested in anything except your way of doing and have
no plan about usability

service servicename action -> you changed the order -> hwy?

you are meaning really that is well designed lokking everytime you stop a
service it is needed to watch if tehre is a depending socket to prevent
the init process will fire up the servie again?

where is the problem that "systemctl stop service" will agree that nothing
than a manual start will trigger a restart? this is what everybody excepts
out there, but again - you are not interested in usability because you love
to play the whole day with "systemctl" and ignorant to realize that others
does not see this command as their life

>>> Note that to my knowledge mysql is not patched for socket activation,
>>> and hence cannot be used with .socket units.
>>
>> in other words: you will tell me it is not possible to run mysql-driven servcies
>> with F15/systemd while you want to call the release "not broken"?
>
> No. I am not saying this at all.

sure you say this

> The ordering information in the MySQL init script (or other init scrpts
> depending on mysql) should be sufficient to make sure it runs in the
> right order. And if that is not the case then it should be fixed in the
> MySQL init script header (resp other init scripts depending on
> it). These fixes should be simple, and can be done as bugfixes for
> F15. It's just a matter of finding theses problems if they exist and
> filing a bug against the respective package.

GOTTVERDAMMT

what exactly do you not understand in the fact that socket activation is needed
and only the start order is useless since some braindead guy started to fire up
services parallel?