systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 02:29:10 UTC 2011

On Monday, June 20, 2011 19:48:53 Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 21.06.2011 01:30, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> > On Tue, 21.06.11 01:07, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:
> > On F15, an admin who types "systemctl stop mysqld.service" will get just
> > that, since socket activation is not used.
>
> I HAVE TO USE IT SINCE YOU ARE STARTING SERVICES PARALLEL

I think you misunderstand.  The documentation is clear:

http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/daemon.html

    Socket-Based Activation
    In a socket-based activation scheme the creation and binding of
    the listening socket as primary communication channel of daemons
    to local (and sometimes remote) clients is moved out of the daemon
    code and into the init system.

In other words, the daemon *must* be changed to support socket
activation.

Unless you changed the code in mysqld, this configuration is doomed to
fail.

--
Garry Williams