what key between Ctrl & Alt

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 21 18:25:54 UTC 2011

On 2011/06/17 15:43 (GMT+0200) Tomas Mraz composed:

> On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 09:05 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>>  On 2011/06/17 08:53 (GMT-0300) Domingo Becker composed:

>>  >  The shortest way is by using keyboard, as Rahul says:

>>  >  1. Press the key between Ctrl and Alt.

>>  What key between Ctrl&  Alt? The last good[1] keyboards made (AFAIK) predate
>>  keyboards with windows keys, so none of the keyboards I use routinely have them.
>>  [1]good requires:
>>  1-function keys grouped on left so that only fingers of one child's (small)
>>  hand are required to use any combination of function key simultaneously with
>>  any combination of shift key(s); readily usable purely by touch of an
>>  experience user
>>  2-standard inverted-T cursor keys with blank above up key and two blanks
>>  above left and right keys
>>  3-oversize Enter key
>>  4-double width backspace key.

> The conditions 2, 3, 4 are still fairly commonly met although it seems
> to be harder to get such keyboard recently - at least here.

They may be common individually or in combination of any two, but I've not
been able to locate any new stock that combines all three, much less left
function keys, and at a non-exorbitant price.

> However I thought that the condition 1 was abandoned when the original
> IBM AT keyboards stopped shipping :). But then a short search revealed
> this one:
> Avant Stellar Keyboard
> http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=65&limit=1&limitstart=4

They may be great, but not great enough to get me to part with $325US each
for all my computers. Even half that much is insane for a home computer, and
unlikely ever to be budgeted in quantity by any business.
http://www.ergonomicsmadeeasy.com/store/specialty/product/avant-stellar/

I just updated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PC_keyboard &
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northgate_Computers to include images of the
Northgates. Assuming my changes have not been undone, the 102, and the
ergoLogic/FlexPro, are mine.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/