No kernel-debuginfo in Rawhide

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 16:09:06 UTC 2011

I might be doing it wrong, but have kernel-debuginfo packages just
disappeared from Rawhide recently?  eg. Compare:

kernel-2.6.39-0.rc7.git6.1.fc16 from May 14, contains debuginfo

and:

kernel-3.0-0.rc3.git5.1.fc16 from June 17, no debuginfo package

This obscure patch seems to be related:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=3d121413b5e437c6949fe9b55200a5682b6000b7

but I don't understand what this means.  Are kernel symbols included
in the main package in Rawhide?  It doesn't seem that way, at least,
systemtap can't find them.  Does it mean Rawhide users should do
without debugging?  That seems contrary to the purpose of Rawhide.

Rich.