Trusted Boot in Fedora

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Thu Jun 23 00:02:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, Simo Sorce wrote:

> > If so, is there a mechanism to disable that functionality, or mark a
> > kernel as trusted, so that I could, for example, run a kernel I built
> > myself or one from another RPM?
>
> I would say that if this feature prevents users from creating their own
> trusted kernels we shouldn't probably care supporting it.

After digging through the sparse documentation, it seems the lcptools
package is how you would do this, although it's not really clear at all.
The LCP user tools manual was last updated in 2007.

The tboot package doesn't seem to have been updated since 2010.

Is this being actively maintained?

- James
--
James Morris