Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2011-06-21)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 08:54:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 03:57:58PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> * #563 suggested policy: all daemons must set RELRO and PIE flags
>   (ajax, 17:53:41)
>   * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/93   (nirik, 17:54:34)
>   * ACTION: nirik to come up with guidelines for next week  (ajax,
>     18:07:03)
>   * ACTION: ajax to add relro to redhat-rpm-config  (ajax, 18:07:16)

The discussion in the ticket seems like it would only apply to
programs written in C/C++, but it doesn't say this.

Since other languages are usually much safer than C/C++ and the aim of
this is security, it seems like we should explicitly exclude other
languages from the requirement.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v