[INFO] New benchmark on SELINUX and Fedora 15 from Phoronix

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Thu Jun 23 12:58:06 UTC 2011

On 23/06/11 12:28, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 23.06.11 12:58, yersinia (yersinia.spiros at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Perhaps it is of interest to this list that Phonorix has produced a new
>> benchmark about the performance impact of SELinux on
>> Fedora 15. Look very good
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_15_selinux&num=2.
>
> The biggest impact it has on boot time really. Might be worth measuring that.

A work colleague here did that a couple of days ago.
To boot to a usable desktop with stock F15 with gdm auto login:

  with selinux:    43s
  without selinux: 24s

Hardware is pinetrail netbook (1.6GHz Atom N455).
2GB RAM and SSD limited by SATA I interface.

cheers,
Pádraig.