Trusted Boot in Fedora

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 09:01:45 UTC 2011

I am still struggling to see real applications for this. I don't know
how a networked system using the technology could be differentiated
from an (insecure) software simulation of the same from a remote
viewer's perspective. Also I don't see how it would be used in the
world of servers where virtualisation is the way the world is going. I
can imagine some limited application in an appliance, but only if the
system was end-to-end secured, with a trusted kernel that only runs
signed binaries and those binaries only running signed plugins, for
example to play content locked material. While that is something that
could feasibly be built with open source software, it's not something
I imagine most users would be interested in.

-Cam