Trusted Boot in Fedora

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 09:22:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 11:10 +0200, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If trusted boot in fedora is widely deployed, then $random_things may
> > demand I use a particular fedora kernel in order to access them.
>
> I can't see how it would make any difference whether Fedora supports
> the feature or not - after all, any vendor can add patch Fedora to add
> TPM support and then "$random_things may demand you use a particular
> vendor-modified Fedora in order to access them" - or a particular
> non-Fedora operating system, just as well.

Yes, I completely agree. What Gregory tries to emphasis here - as I
understand it, of course he might have a different intention - is purely
politics and I do not think, that Fedora should involve in political
decisions in one way or another.

If the feature conforms to Fedora legal requirements and the developers
of the affected packages are OK with integrating necessary patches, it
should be allowed.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb