update on clutter-gtkmm?

Ryan Lewis me at ryanlewis.net
Fri Jun 24 13:38:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am still in the process of becoming a packager, but for one of my hobbies
I am working on an overhaul of the the popular Xournal software package.
This project of mine is dependent on clutter-gtkmm.
However the current version in the repository for f14/f15 has a major bug,
preventing all programs which link against it from compiling.  I spoke with
Debarshi Ray, the packager for this package, but they
essentially asked me to take over packaging this code, since they no longer
have time. Ideally I would do this, but I am not yet a packager. The git
version of the code essentially has commit past the version
in our repositories, which fixes the problem I am having. I am using the git
version temporarily on my machine, but this is non-ideal.

Would it be possible for someone to update clutter-gtkmm? I would offer to
return the favor in any way feasible, Assuming I ever become a package I'd
even be willing to package this, down the line.

Thanks,
-rhl