Security updates for Firefox 4 in F-15

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:01:26 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, den 26.06.2011, 17:08 +0200 schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> Felix Miata wrote:
> > FF5 is the security update to FF4.0.1, which incorporates an upstream
> > versioning policy change.
>
> The funny thing is that Firefox is going exactly the opposite way of us with
> their update policies,

They didn't change their update policy but their release/development
model. FF 5 is an update to FF 4, but 3.6 got an update to 3.6.18, too.
This means that Mozilla's update policy hasn't changed.

> and that as a result, that Firefox security update is
> not compliant with our update policies

At what point exactly? Basically all that has changed is the version,
IHMO FF 5 can better be described as FF 4.1. The user experience hasn't
changed and the update meets all requirements of the update policy, so I
really don't see a problem here.

Regards,
Christoph