Security updates for Firefox 4 in F-15

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 28 04:17:04 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-26 12:33, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> And I have no idea what part of our update policy should be violated by
> this update. Please somebody enlighten me.

This part:
  * Avoid changing the user experience if at all possible.

Specifically, the update breaks a number of user-installed extensions
because the extensions expect a certain version string.  This is a
functional regression regardless of whether or not the extension API
changed.

Please do not misconstrue this message as a value judgment.