Fedora 15 ARM hardfp Virtual FAD (Fedora Activity Day) - FRIDAY

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 06:17:12 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

Join us on Friday to celebrate July with another in our series of VFADs!
This is an awesome opportunity to participate in improving support for
ARM processors, and to learn about architecture bootstrap. Last week, we
successfully added a number of new packages to our bootstrap filesystem
image and got closer to having a working F15 environment we can use to
build official RPMs with hard floating point, on ARMv7 systems.

It's never too soon or too late to help, and you can participate at any
time, by following the instructions linked below - no need to wait for
us, just let us know when you've got bits we can pull into the official
rootfs (which is managed in git) we are building to bootstrap the rest.

Don't forget that you can find out a lot more about the Fedora ARM
project, and about getting involved by visiting the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM

Which also contains links to canned images you can use to drop onto your
own ARM system and hit the ground running without any installation time.

Awesomeness!

Jon.

--- Fedora ARM hardfp activity days ---

We are hosting another Fedora 15 hardfp Virtual Fedora Activity Day on
Friday, at 14:00UTC (10:00 Eastern Daylight Time). The purpose of this
session is to co-ordinate the bootstrap of F15 hardfp (hardware floating
point). Going forward, the proposal is that these be on Fridays.

You can find a lot more detail here, along with all the pre-reqs/bits:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Fedora15_HardFP_Bootstrap_Virtual_FAD_20110701

That page contains links to the general instructions on:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Fedora15_HardFP_Bootstrap

Be sure you follow the instructions to use an armv7hl-YOUR_FAS_USERNAME
or group name branch so that we can track who is doing what, and more
easily back out changes if you/we discover a problem with your setup.