[HEADS-UP] replacing report with libreport

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:31:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Jiri Moskovcak <jmoskovc at redhat.com> wrote:
>> - I was afraid, that it would be against some Fedora policy ;) Then just
>> the rawhide..
>

> Okay if this isn't coming to F15, can you provide the sufficient
> instructions on how to revert the libreport packages from F15 updates
> testing so that the packages that require report-gtk will work
> properly again.

Pardon, this weird report-gtk provides change has already made it to
updates released. So its actually a bigger deal as the change
has already been injected into F15 packages and is impacting packages.
 Seems you jumped the gun with regard to the
provides change.  What's the plan to unbreak Fedora 15 systems that
have pulled in the libreport with the report-gtk provides if you
aren't
going to continue forward with the API change in F15 and get the other
packages that have been using the older report fixed to use the new
libreport API?

-jef