RealTek 8191SEvB wifi

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 18:18:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 05:39:26PM +0100, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:27:45AM -0500, John W. Linville wrote:
>
> > If I correctly interpret the data from smolt (which reports pci ids
> > in decimal?  really?), it looks like the pci id for the device in
> > question is 10EC:8172.  Unfortunately, none of the current rtlwifi
> > sub-drivers claim that ID.
> >
> > So 2.6.38 will not support that device and 2.6.39 probably won't
> > either. :-(
>
> I found this info:
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_11b/g/n_Wireless_LAN_Mini-PCI_Express_Adapter_II

Well, far be it from me to dispute a wiki... :-)

But seriously, the driver as it stands does not support your PCI ID.
Maybe just adding it would make your device work, but maybe not...

John
--
John W. Linville		The truth will set you free, but first it will
linville at redhat.com			make you miserable. -- James A. Garfield