libexif (was: Re: 42 Orphaned packages)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:26:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:37:56 +0100, Sven wrote:

> After a dispute on the #fedora-kde IRC channel thomasj has orphaned a
> huge number of packages.
>
> I extracted the list from scm-commits emails so I hope that I haven't
> missed any.
>
> The following packages are in need of new owners:

> libexif

Had a look at libexif-0.6.19 in git although there are dozens of
co-maintainers:

$ fedpkg unused-patches
cve-2007-6351.patch
cve-2007-6352.patch
libexif-0.6.12-gcc4.patch
libexif-0.6.12-odd.patch
libexif-0.6.12-recurse.patch
libexif-0.6.13-dont-build-docs.patch
libexif-0.6.13-mock.patch
libexif-cve-2007-4168.patch
libexif-integer-overflow.patch
olympus-byte-order.patch

Why are these patches still around?

0.6.20 is available, btw.

The pregenerated docs are from 0.6.15. Is it always necessary to pregenerate
doxygen docs because of multiarch conflicts? A Fedora Wiki search finds this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BillNottingham/MultilibDraft
Quote: "the horrors of doxygen"
Wouldn't some %_isa tag in the doc path make the packaging more convenient?