About build system used on fedora packages (now with some statistics)

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 22:11:29 UTC 2011

Hi,
Some time ago, I wondered what package build system is the most used
on Fedora, well I took 101 packages at random and I've found the
following:

37 packages with autotools: Packages with either configure.ac or
configure.in and Makefile.am or Makefile.in

5 packages with cmake: Packages that contains CMakeLists.txt

21 packages with “only” [Mm]akefile,

36 packages with “autotools procedure”: Paquetes that has “./configure
&& make” in its spec file

You can read more at:

http://www.sergiobelkin.com/2011/03/12/sistemas-de-construccion-de-paquetes-parte-3/

Sorry, is in spanish, all sugesstion are welcome :)

HTH

Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org