Git commit error

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:08:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:29:26 +0100, Alain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday, I commited a kbackup update, with new sources, in all branches I maintain.
> I just forget to "fedpkg new-sources" in all branches but master before commiting :-(
>
> Is there an easy way to fix this error?

That's not all the details. According to scm-commits list, your branches
haven't merged from master, but you've updated them individually. Is there
a specific reason why you've done it like that?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_Fedora_GIT

Anyway, if you plan to continue like that with your branches, you can
simply "fedpkg new-sources" in those branches and commit+push the changed
files _without_ (!) modifying the spec file and Release tag. The koji
build is done from the latest/current commit.