Prelink: couldn't find an alternative telinit implementation to spawn

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:29:44 UTC 2011

For the last few days, I've been getting email from anacron after
cron.daily runs on my F-15 box.  The body of the email is:

/etc/cron.daily/prelink:

Couldn't find an alternative telinit implementation to spawn.

I did a web search on that phrase.  It looks like this is systemd
deciding that it is not in charge, attempting to forward some request
to upstart, and failing to exec /lib/upstart/telinit.  I don't see
anything related to this in /var/log/prelink/prelink.log.  Is prelink
somehow causing systemd to execute?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/