Changes to polkit-desktop-policy

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Mar 17 18:17:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> So, it looks like the second two bits weren't properly cloned/communicated.
> Design of this appears to have been 'firstboot maintainer + people CC'd on
> the bug.'

Okay...

> Changing the root password screen wasn't mentioned as part of that
> plan;

The point is that that in the default flow now, you get both; and
there is no plan to change this; correct?

> note that that's at an entirely different portion of the workflow, and
> given that firstboot does not run on all installs, leads to problems if you
> drop it entirely (how do you log in?)

Of course, I know why firstboot was created, and we've talked in the
past about basically running it inside Anaconda so in the case where
you *aren't* booting a pre-imaged system it is saner.  But that's not
quite the point - it's really not hard to change our software
implementation.  The hard part is having a plan for what the
implementation should be, and that's my above question.