Changes to polkit-desktop-policy

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Mar 17 18:42:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> Once upon a time, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> said:
>> The point is that that in the default flow now, you get both; and
>> there is no plan to change this; correct?
>
> If you don't have a root password, how do you log in for single-user
> mode, manual fsck, etc.?  AFAIK those only prompt for the root password,
> not a username.

Sorry, I didn't want a long thread at the moment to try to create the
plan; if there isn't one, for Fedora 15, it just needs some sort of
release note:

"You can now easily enable both sudo and pkexec for the first user
created via a checkbox; see the manual pages for each tool."

Actually, we'd also need to mention the changes in the
polkit-desktop-policy, which looks like it boils down to "Change the
system time" and "Mount internal file systems"?

Well except it *would* for the first, but the clock mechanism moved to
org.gnome.settingsdaemon.datetimemechanism.