gimp (gtk)? problems in rawhide with xfce

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Mar 19 02:05:18 UTC 2011

I don't see any bugs filed, but on two of my rawhide test systems I'm seeing
an issue. Some operations, like adding a guide or trying to move a layer,
cause the UI to freeze in an odd way. All of the widgets in all Gimp windows
become totally unresponsive, but still repaint. Most strangely, the
paralysis often also applies to, for example, terminal windows and firefox.
Can't even drag them around by the title bar, but minimize and maximize (and
close) still work. If I switch virtual desktops and back, though, suddenly
everything works again.

I can poke some more, but I wanted to check if this is expected at this
point.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>