LLVM 2.9 pre-releases

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 19 12:12:26 UTC 2011

On 03/18/2011 06:39 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> LLVM 2.9 is scheduled to be released on April 3rd, and is currently in
> the first of hopefully two testing periods (http://llvm.org/)
>
> I'm not sure if we should be pushing this for F-15 -- the first test
> release was not ready in time for our alpha -- but I'll be tracking the
> 2.9 pre-releases in Rawhide (f16).
>
> Here are the packages that should be affected, if you know of anything
> else, please let me know:
>
> $ repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --repoid=rawhide-source
> --archlist=src --whatrequires llvm-devel
> OpenGTL-0:0.9.15-2.fc15.src
> ldc-0:0.9.2-31.20110115hg1832.fc15.src
> pure-0:0.45-4.fc15.src

OK, we're most likely sitting out on LLVM 2.9 for F-15 final: OpenGTL is
hard-coded to work only with LLVM 2.8 (and they hard-coded their
previous releases too), and ldc also does not build. pure is the only
dependent package we can expect to rebuild before 2.9 final lands.

OpenGTK & ldc maintainers, could you ping upstream and see if they have
an ETA for LLVM 2.9 support?

We might still release these as a post-release update, like how KDE
releases are sometimes done, so we should try and get a working LLVM
2.9-based stack in Rawhide as soon as possible.

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim