Bugs in debuginfo packages

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Sun Mar 20 22:36:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 21:00 +0100, Karel Klíč wrote:
> eu-readelf -winfo/-wline output is huge, so it takes several days to
> make one attampt to check whole rawhide repository. This slows
> development a bit.

eu-readelf does a lot more than you seem to need (you want to at least
use --numeric-addresses, so it doesn't try to map all addresses it
prints out to the associated symbol names).

Ideally we had python wrappers for elfutils to make it a bit more
accessible to your script. But if you don't mind hacking some C, you can
get something a bit more efficient quickly.

Attached is a little C program that just gets the associated source
files and nothing else. It might help go through the whole repository
quicker. It simply goes through all Compile Units, prints the comp_dir
and name, and then everything from the associated files table.

Cheers,

Mark