libmysqlclient soname version bumped by upstream

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Mar 21 17:30:53 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> said:
> Now I have no problem with pushing such a change into rawhide, but what
> shall I do about Fedora 15?  It doesn't seem very nice to force a soname
> bump after alpha.  On the other hand, the alternatives seem worse:

IMHO the best solution is to go ahead, bite the bullet, and upgrade F15
as well.  The two missing bits of info:

- what packages have to be rebuilt
- how big is the change - I would assume that the API either didn't
  change or is backwards compatible (since it is only a minor version
  change) - is that the case?

If it is API compatible, then the rebuilds should move right through
with no problems.  If the API is also incompatible, then that's a bigger
problem (as in WTF is upstream doing!).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>