AutoQA will be providing comments for Fedora updates really soon...

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 19:56:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 19:54 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:30:53PM -0700, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> > > Hey Richard,
> > >
> > > We also aren't yet setup to provide disposable test environments.  Which
> > > means, all tests currently share a pool of test systems and we monitor
> > > the tests to ensure they are playing nice.  We could certainly use some
> > > help to figure out a way to dynamically create test systems on the fly
> > > so maintainers can start adding their own tests.
>
> If only there was a way to prepop virtual machines on the fly :-)

Exactly!  Anyone with experience/skills in this space ... please join
autoqa-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org and share your ideas.  I don't think
we've fully articulated our needs in this space yet, but I'm interested
in seeing what cloud-like options are available and can be used.

> > %check (in your .spec) still works in the meantime for anything that
> > should prevent shipping a build.
>
> It's just that libguestfs's %check takes ~2 hours to run on Koji :-(

Yeah, certainly not fun to hold up the build system for that.

Thanks,
James