LLVM 2.9 pre-releases

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 21 21:13:46 UTC 2011

On 03/21/2011 03:31 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
 > On 3/19/11 8:12 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
 >
 >> OK, we're most likely sitting out on LLVM 2.9 for F-15 final: OpenGTL is
 >> hard-coded to work only with LLVM 2.8 (and they hard-coded their
 >> previous releases too), and ldc also does not build. pure is the only
 >> dependent package we can expect to rebuild before 2.9 final lands.
 >
 > I don't know if anyone's tried Mesa against LLVM 2.9 yet, but I sort of
 > suspect the answer is no. I'd be a little concerned about trying to land
 > it in F15 gold.
 >
 >> We might still release these as a post-release update, like how KDE
 >> releases are sometimes done, so we should try and get a working LLVM
 >> 2.9-based stack in Rawhide as soon as possible.
 >
 > Definitely. If you can post 2.9 rpms at some point, I'll work on getting
 > Mesa up to speed.

Thanks! 2.9 rc1 is in Rawhide (F16), so feel free to try building Mesa
and report any problems. If they're LLVM bugs rather than packaging
bugs, it helps to know ASAP, because unless upstream delays the final
release, it'd be going final on April 3rd, and after which they never
issue bugfix releases; we'd have to backport the fix, and it gets
hairier the further the 2.10 development series gets away from 2.9.

--
Michel Alexandre Salim