Firefox 4 for f14?

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 23 21:41:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:35:55PM +0100, Joshua C. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> fedora is known for offering the "latest and greates software" and
> "being on the edge" etc. So I was just wondering if the latest f14
> will ever get the latest firefox 4.0?
>
> Recompilation of the packages from f15 is not such a good option.
>
> --jason

While we are known for latest and greatest, I'm not 100% sure the jump
from Firefox 3.x to Firefox 4.x is within the most recent Updates
Policy[0] because of the drastic changes between the two releases and
the amount of user visible change that would result. I am also not the
maintainer of Firefox so can't really speak to this in any form of
authority but wanted to reply mainly for this next tid bit .... with
many thanks to Spot, there is currently a fully functional Firefox 4
repository for Fedora 14, more information and instructions here:

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Firefox_4

-AdamM
[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria