Firefox 4 for f14?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Mar 23 23:58:30 UTC 2011

Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> If you want to get firefox4 on Fedora 14 now, the only way is to use
> the private firefox4 repository on
>
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4

There's also Remi Collet's repository:
http://blog.famillecollet.com/

Spot's firefox4 repository provides a parallel-installable firefox4 package;
Remi Collet's repository, on the other hand, will replace the system Firefox
(but not the system xulrunner, because of lots of other stuff depending on
it), and also some other packages if you let it.

> For KDE-4.6 we have the same situation. In this case you can
> get it from the http://apt.kde-redhat.com which is maintained
> by Rex Dieter.

Actually, KDE 4.6.1 is being pushed to Fedora 14 as an official update:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-3735

It was a bit of a mess to get everything working, and we still have a couple
regressions to sort out before pushing this to stable:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=657002&hide_resolved=1
but we're working hard to get it done.

        Kevin Kofler