Systemd Status

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:08:00 UTC 2011

Fedora 15 switches to systemd as default init system. The developer still
works for coding and fixing the bugs. We should appreciate that developers
give us such a fast init system to improve boot time. However we do not know
what it changes from old version to new one. The changelog has just one
sentence. New upstream released. I think I need to know What a new feature
is in a new version. The homepage of systemd does not refer to changelogs.
Thank you!

Since Kernel 2.6.38 was released, autogroup schedule patch has been merged
into mainline kernel. I rememberd Lennert Poettering argued on autogroup
schedule with Linus Torvalds. The patch is just working with processes from
TTY console. Lennert seemed to tell us the best way was that init system
provided autogroup schedule. Now systemd is able to give every service,
every user and every user session own cgroup in the CPU hierarchy. How far
is autogroup schedule in systemd from us? I can not hear any news about it.
I know this is not easy job because every process has its own property. But
I hope it is coming soon and really makes our desktop more smooth.