Firefox 4 for f14?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:08:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Joshua C. <joshuacov at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think this discussion goes in the wrong direction. Firefox 4 is (for
> me) a working browser that I want to use. Without a proper rpm the
> tarball is the only solution left. Spot's solution circumvents the
> xulrunner nightmare and Remi's idea is what I think should go in the
> official repo.
>
> Or maybe "being on the edge" isn't why we all use this distro?

But you're not on the edge.  The edge is rawhide, where FF4 is already
the default.  Or one step back from the edge is F15, where FF4 is the
default.  F14 isn't the edge and hasn't been for a while.

Fedora could use more people living on the edge.  Maybe upgrading to
F15 is a possibility for you?

josh