Firefox 4 for f14?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 25 16:12:13 UTC 2011

Am 25.03.2011 17:07, schrieb Ralf Ertzinger:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:16:41 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>>> We do have a rolling release, it's called rawhide.
>>
>> You are mixing up "rolling release" with "development" dump yard.
>
> I'm not yet conviced that there is a significant difference in the
> long term.

surely it is

developemnt = unstable, maybe works
rolling release = STABLE, should work

a cool solution woul be to let firefox 3.x as shipped with F14
and additionally provide "firefox4" with target under /opt/ since
firefox can be started with different profiles

this time i have the problem taht FF4 is buggy (with our own cms)
and in the backrgound i try to build a firefox4-package based
on the remi-srpms with target /opt to get both running without
change my whole browser and get lost most extensions and themes