ixgbe/udev mystery

Andy Gospodarek gospo at redhat.com
Sat Mar 26 17:47:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 07:01:02PM +0100, Thomas Bendler wrote:
> 2011/3/25 Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>
>
> > [...]
> >
> One remark, the error occured with the standard ixgbe module (2.0.62-k2), so
> > I upgraded the module to the latest version (3.2.10-NAPI) but still have the
> > same error.
> >

> And another remark, the network card work without problems when using Ubuntu
> 11.04.2 instead of Fedora (ixgbe driver version 2.0.44-k2).

So like the older Ubuntu driver works fine, but newer drivers in Fedora
or the Intel SourceForge driver are problematic.

It sounds like you must be either failing an additional check that was
added or hitting some sort of regression that was introduced between
driver version 2.0.44-k2 and 2.0.62-k2.

I don't have any great suggestions about why this is broken, but I would
suggest you open a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com with the full details of
this failure.  If you let me know what the bug # is (email is fine)
after you open it, I'll make sure the right folks take a look.