manually fixing IPs

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Sun Mar 27 13:58:06 UTC 2011

Hi.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:48:14 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote
> NM supports static IPs these days. So I think that rather than
> hacking around NM, you should just fix the IP inside NM's
> configuration and have NM work FOR you rather than AGAINST you.

I'm sorry, but by the time I have clicked through the GUI to do
that I have configured the interface via ip, did what I wanted to
do and unconfigured the interface again.

I uncheck "Enable networking" in nm-applet before doing that,
and for me that makes NM keep it's grubby paws off my manually
configured interface, so I'm not complaining.