NetworkManager 0.9 leaves sonames unchanged?! [It doesn't.]

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 27 21:25:33 UTC 2011

I wrote:
> I noticed that the sonames for NetworkManager didn't change between 0.8.2
> and 0.8.997.

Uh, nevermind, I didn't look close enough:
0.8.2: libnm-util.so.1, libnm-glib.so.2
0.8.997: libnm-util.so.2, libnm-glib.so.4
(The .so.2 showing up in both cases must have confused me.)

The real problem is that the KDE stuff doesn't link any of those libs, so it
doesn't get the soname deps pulled in either.

Looks like we will have to add versioned Requires resp. Conflicts to the KDE
stuff for safety.

        Kevin Kofler