mpich2 soname bump

Deji Akingunola dakingun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:41:04 UTC 2011

Hi all,

In the process of releasing a bug-fix update to mpich2-1.3.x series,
the upstream developers encountered an error that had to be fixed but
would change the ABI version. Therefore, to avoid ABI incompatible
changes in the 1.3.x series, the 1.3.3 release was cancelled and
renaming that to 1.4 instead.

I know this is late in Fedora 15 development cycle, but I will like to
squeeze mpich2-1.4 in so we can continue to receive fixes and update
to mpich2's new process manager.

I will apply for commit access to dependent packages for which I don't
already have access. The list of affected packages includes;
blacs
boost
gromacs
hdf5