Firefox 4 for f14?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 29 16:19:30 UTC 2011

Genes MailLists wrote:
> Some have argued that fedora itself is a rolling release - others
> look for something more closely resembling the kernel dev model (there
> are some differences between kernel dev and distro however ... tho more
> in detail than idea)

And others (like me) look for something more closely resembling how Fedora
used to work, how the kernel used to work before the stable subbranches were
introduced or how the KDE 3.5.x branch worked: a release branch with some
expectations of stability and compatibility, but with a relaxed freeze
policy.

And no, I do not believe that those goals are necessarily incompatible. They
can be conflicting at times, but the maintainer should be able to make an
informed call of whether the update is welcome or unwelcome in a stable
distribution. I believe that in most cases, the decision is obvious. (That
said, not everyone agrees with me on that.)

If you want to read or reread the discussions on that subject, search the
mailing list archives.

        Kevin Kofler