What's this /run directory doing on my system and where does it come from?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 30 13:09:32 UTC 2011

Am 30.03.2011 15:05, schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
>> No flames from me. This is a sensible, thought-through change with
>> cross-distro buy-in and no major downsides.
>
> I could not disagree more.

without any argument?

if all distributions agree with it where exactly do you have
a problem? After 7 years FHS should be updated to reflect
existing reality and FHS should not wait another 5 years
for some changes in theory and expect that AFTER this
new definition the work will start

where is your argument other than "i do not find the folder in FHS"?