Proven testers for Lua update

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at
Thu Mar 31 09:01:13 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 11:48 AM, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> Hi fellow Fedorans.
> I'd like to push a minor update of Lua, which incorporates a small
> bugfix patch, and some cosmetic fixes to the builds script. First
> testing by a proven tester has been done successfully, but I need more
> testing to be able to push it, please have a look, try it and comment:
> )
>From my reading of the update policy, actually only a normal karma is
needed (+1 from proventester, +2 total). But I've tested the package
now, all seems in order.

Incidentally, any interest in getting Lua's Rocks deployment system
integrated into Fedora? Been meaning to get this done for a while,
really needs to get it off the ground. Ideally it should be like Python
eggs and Ruby gems -- we need our Lua modules to ship .rocks files so
that these modules don't get a duplicate installation in the user's home

I'll whip up a Feature page (probably we'll announce it for F-16) if
there's an interest.

Michel Alexandre Salim

/\   - against proprietary attachments