Outage: fedorapeople.org (unplanned) - 2011-05-04 21:50 UTC to ?

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Thu May 5 06:49:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> There is an outage starting at 2011-05-04 21:50 UTC, which will last
> an unknown amount of time.
>
> To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
> or run:
>
> date -d '2011-05-04 21:50 UTC'
>
> Reason for outage:
>
> fedorapeople.org and the xen host it runs on became unreachable at
> approx 21:50UTC today. A ticket has been filed to have on site
> personel to investigate and fix the outage. No ETA is known at this
> time. Please follow the ticket below for ongoing investigation.
> We will restore service as soon as we are able.
>
> Affected Services:
>
> Fedora People - http://fedorapeople.org/

Note that although git, koji, bodhi, et al. services themselves are
unaffected, the "fedpkg" command relies on fedorapeople.org and is
(mostly) unusable at the minute.

It is possible to work around "fedpkg push" by using "git push" instead.

And it is possible to build packages using "koji build <target>
'git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/<pkgname>?#<git-sha-hash>'" (remembering
that usable build-targets are like dist-f15-updates-candidate,
dist-6E-epel-testing-candidate, or dist-rawhide).

--
Iain.