anaconda-15.31-1.fc15 - Update the requirements for memory..

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat May 7 16:53:28 UTC 2011

Am 07.05.2011 18:48, schrieb Kevin Higgins:
>>From what I can figure out it looks like lorax-0.4.4-1.fc15 uses and
> needs more memory
> I can run Fedora 15 in full shell on our slowest 1.5 Ghz laptop with
> 256mb memory and it runs faster
> than f14, I do an install with 512MB than take out stick. The live cd
> as of May6 that I made using
> the repo.../development/15/i386/os/ only, does a full install without
> problems, it doesn't seem to use
> lorax for the install. But if we make the minimum 768 for anaconda
> than I will no longer be able
> to even do a livecd install to these machines, that we have since
> 2004, installed
> Fedora on them and than given them away to needy families in our area.
>   Is there a way to have anaconda have a minimum requirements for
> install and a separate minimum
> requirements for a live install? These systems are donated to us we
> refurbish them and then they go back out
> loaded with Fedora to students and families in need.

not only that

there are many servers out there with i686 CPUs and low memory
which running without any problems - so the os-installer should
have minimum requirements

it would be a bead thing if a voip-server runs perfectly with 256 MB
RAM but you are unable to install the os until you stripped
down unneded stuff