Fedora 15 / Gnome 3 gotchas

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat May 7 20:49:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's entertaining already to see how people [try to] leave Ubuntu because
> of Unity, and to hear that they like Fedora 15's GNOME 3 better. ;)

I did think of commenting that Gnome3 seemed comparable in scope to
the change to Unity, but was better executed (in the sense that I'd
heard more outrage about Unity). But it may be too early to say.

I do wonder what will happen to Ubuntu and Fedora if say, Chrome OS or
Android become viable for netbooks / laptops. I'm sure a lot of people
wanting a stable, slick, functional client machine for everyday use
would be attracted. So really Gnome and Ubuntu / Fedora have to try to
look modern and attractive to survive.

-Cam