F15 - mysql start problem

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon May 9 07:25:22 UTC 2011

Le Lun 9 mai 2011 08:32, Michał Piotrowski a écrit :

> It seems to me that this is related to that at the time of starting
> the network is not available. IIRC there was a problem with
> NetworkManager and it's systemd service, but it was fixed AFAIK. There
> is no problem with other services. Any ideas what could go wrong?

Most services that depend on Network want all the networking bits available
(dns, proxy if the system is using a proxy, etc). However systemd seems to
treat "network available" as "link is up". Other stuff will come up, try to
resolve something (typically, hostname for logs), and fail

At least, that's one common error case I know of

--
Nicolas Mailhot