informations about boot sequence (Re: F15 - mysql start problem)

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Mon May 9 23:31:40 UTC 2011

2011/5/10 Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>:
> Let's make this simple:
>
> FAQ: How can I make my system unusable? How can I create a denial of service?
>
> Answer: On default systems there are multiple ways to do this, please
> choose one or more of the following:

That's all true, on the other hand there are countermeasures
available; in larger organizations the countermeasures are documented,
configured on each system, and their presence is periodically
verified.

Adding new ways to use the same basic vulnerability is not a "big
deal", at the same time there is a class of users who will want to
know about this to be able to update their configuration. A release
note is the least we can do.
    Mirek