informations about boot sequence (Re: F15 - mysql start problem)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:37:26 UTC 2011

> a) people who manually change the IP address fo mysql to bind on
> specific ip addresses, manually also enable
> NetworkManager-wait-online.service.

This proposal makes the assumption and depends on users actually using
NetworkManager as their networking handling application which might not
be as close to reality in the server world as you might think even for
arguments sake we would say that we default to using NetworkManager,
upstream needs to have a solid solution that works across all distro's
and what ever network application downstream might be using.

In addition to the above any arguments surrounding "boot time" or
dynamic roaming network of somekind are also irrelvent in this case
since I have yet to meet the sysadmin that a) cares about shaving few
seconds of his blades or bricks at boot up or b) picks them up and plugs
them in another datacenter..

Which leaves b) and c) as points for discussion.

JBG