Is Rawhide supposed to be useful?

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:10:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 09:04, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 5/10/11 11:34 AM, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>
> > Things breaking in Rawhide are not a surprise; indeed, if it doesn't
> > occasionally bite the hand that's feeding it, somebody probably isn't
> > trying hard enough.  But if it can remain this fundamentally broken for
> > weeks because the relevant developer forgot to fix it, it's hard not to
> > conclude that nobody is really running it.
>
> In the week before F15 change freeze, are you really surprised that
> nobody's running the F16 dumping ground?
>

> I am running the F16 dumping ground. I do daily updates to rawhide and
report bugs as I see them. In other words, I'm always running the "rolling"
release.

Breakage for those of us who live on this edge is something we're familiar
with. It would just be helpful to have the occasional heads-up for known
breakages, rather than having to discover them in unpleasant ways.

darrell