Is Rawhide supposed to be useful?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed May 11 13:17:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011 17:00:30 -0400
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 02:54:44PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> > The breakage is fine, one expects that.  A fundamental breakage
> > that the relevant developers don't even notice for weeks is another
> > question; as I said, that suggests that people running Rawhide are
> > few and far between.
>
> I'm concerned because there was a bugzilla entry sitting there piling
> up tons of duplicates. A "normal user" -- even of Rawhide -- might
> expect that to be enough to make sure the issue gets on the relevant
> developers' radar.

Yeah, related to that:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/ticket/24

If we had a way to figure out how to denote these bugs, I think it
would be useful to send out a report on them once a week or so. That
way when maintainers are busy/unable to look at things, we can see what
the 'hot bugs' are and others can try and lend a hand.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to get that kind of thing out of
bugzilla. ;(

> Starting threads with melodramatic attention-getting subject lines
> should not be the way to get things done. :)

Agreed.

kevin